Sometime, it is better to let go...

Don't we all cling on to things even though we can do nothing about it? It is hard for us to get up and move on. Recently, I was part of a conversation which is a shining example for moving on. The conversation was centered around one of the basic and important necessities of life. Food.

One late night, we ordered food from the nearby readily-available and quick-to-deliver options for food. In such a case, there aren't many options other than pizza. Ordering is the easy part if the group has reached a consensus. There are vegetarians in the group and non-vegetarians in the group. The food when delivered is clearly marked as vegetarian and non-vegetarian on the boxes.

As soon as the pizzas arrived, we dug our fingers into the boxes as soon as the boxes were segregated. When some of us had the first bite into the first warm slice of pizza, someone raised a concern. The boxes weren't marked correctly for vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. As a non-vegetarian, it hardly matters for me. At the same time, I was sitting across another vegetarian who was busy eating. I stopped and watched him curious to see how this is going to play out.

The person, who was sitting opposite me, continued to eat the pizza. When he saw me looking at him, he shrugged. "There isn't much I can do now. I might as well enjoy the pizza. I will try to be careful next time!". That was his response. To be frank, it is a far better response than spitting the food, running into the washroom...

Tags: Musings,Pizza,Vegetarian

-->

Comments

  1. Hehehe...very truly said.It is far better to let go things than being consciously aware of
    our mistakes in life !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad part is... It is easier said than done. :)

      Delete
  2. Umm yea... Pretty amazing how small things in life offer us new perspectives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. So the moral of the story is to keep your eyes and ears open and sharp. ;)

      Delete
  3. True story. I'm just glad that no pizza was wasted because doing so would be utterly sacrilegious :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha. Luckily no wastage of pizza in this story. :)

      Delete
  4. Haha that was the wiser option, in my opinion!
    I've seen people make a HUGE deal about being vegetarian and they go all berserk even when they see non veg. the dramatic kind they are. I guess the person next to you was carefree enough to cost himself useless drama :)

    Defiant Princess
    store.khanvibes.com
    www.khanvibes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going berserk is not only associated with vegetarians. When people know the food is not as per their favored diet, the first reaction is going berserk. :) That is why the reaction of my friend was interesting enough to write about.

      Delete
  5. It's not a bad idea to learn to enjoy tastes which we were not taught to... If other people can eat, why can't I? This is my attitude and it has helped me survive in all kinds of places. For 8 years i worked in a place where the only food available was typical Khasi tribal food. I learnt to enjoy those spiceless dishes eventually. It was even good for my health...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for this comment. This comment is by far the most interesting and insightful

      Delete

Post a Comment