Books: Killing Floor

Jack Reacher has been traveling like a nomad. On his way to nowhere in particular on a bus, he decides to disembark in a sleepy little town in Georgia. In the first few hours in this little town, he is arrested by the cops for a murder. He himself is surprised and he decides to unravel the mystery. When he pokes around, a lot of skeletons tumble out of the closet in this clean prosperous city.

Lee Child begins the Reacher series with this book. The series has been so successful that Hollywood is soon coming out with their version of Jack Reacher. To sum up, Lee's Jack Reacher is a superhero. Reacher can accomplish a lot of things. He can charm beautiful girls, fight to kill without remorse and also quickly deduce people or events using his analytical skills. Most of the skills can be attributed to his military background. What Lee accomplishes is to thrill our senses with suspension of disbelief. This he does very well. The style of writing is humorous to mildly sarcastic. This works for the novel.

If you are in the mood for nothing serious, then pick up the book. I wouldn't ask you leave your brain behind. But I will definitely recommend you not to look for logical flaws or plot loopholes. This is best enjoyed without asking many questions and also by smirking at some of the implausible events.

Tags: Books,Lee Child,Jack Reacher



-->

Comments

  1. hmhm.... yeah. that sums up Jack reacher novels. I would recommend to you - Echo burning -- its my fav jack reacher novel.

    For me the best of the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I plan to read all the novel in the series in the chronological order. So I will write about it after I read this book.

      Delete
  2. My review of this book is at http://www.solomonsays.in/items/48.

    I do think that the book has more to offer than just implausible action sequences. The setting and execution of the plot is quite gritty, and Jack Reacher is quite a memorable character. If you like Blues/Jazz music, you should follow up on some of the leads given here.

    I have read only two other novels of the Reacher series, and both are way behind this one. As far as action thrillers go, this is quite a read.

    -Kislay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link. :)

      This is an escapist fare. That is why I like it. I am reading the second one in the series and like it because of the implausible scenarios. Lee Child is good at describing action. Many of the readers appreciate this factor.

      Delete
  3. Clean, simple review. I really liked it. One request please do not read his latest novel. It is not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and the recommendation. I will keep this in mind. If this is a book of Reacher series, I might end up reading it. I hate to skip a book in any series. :)

      Delete
  4. Haven't read a single one in this series yet ! Time to begin now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This doesn't seem to be the kind of books you would love to read. This is escapism at the best. I love this genre as it is good break from reality. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment