I have two 15 year olds

A tete-e-tete with a colleague reminded me of my often repeated mistake of jumping into conclusions. So here I was in the afternoon catching up with my colleague over a cup of coffee near the vending machine. Suddenly, we are talking about kids.

Colleague: My two sons are 15 years old and my daughter is 7 years old.

Me: So, you have twins?

Colleague: No

This is really strange. I have heard siblings who are an year apart. But siblings of the same age. It is not possible. Or is it? My thoughts were interrupted by his words.

Colleague: One has his birthday on March and the other on April.

Is he saying they are not twins because of the gap of one month? How can a mother give birth to one child in March and the other in April? Is this medically? Is this a medical miracle? My colleague continued with a big smile.

Colleague: This is my second marriage. One from my previous marriage and the other from her previous marriage.

Like I said, I should stop jumping into conclusions.

Tags: Musings,Twins



Comments

  1. Me too! I thought YOU had 2 15 year olds. This I understand. My brother and I share a birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Melanie, Vinesh - So both of you jumped into conclusions just like me. :p

      Delete
  2. right you are.. there ia a very common saying which is also one of my fav. - "Assumption is a mother of all fuck-ups."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my friends did a different take of ASSUME. Making an ASS of U and ME. :)

      Delete
  3. Hehehe.. it is still confusing... 2 marriages but just a month gap??? strange.. isnt it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) They were married when the kids were 3 years old. Does that make sense now?

      Delete
  4. Oh! Well! Here I was wondering about March 31 and April 1 and you make an April Fool of me:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Actually if I made an April fool of you, then the joke is on me. Don't you know I am not supposed to play any pranks after 12pm on April 1st? :)

      Delete
  5. Good one..a message delivered in the form of a simple story..kudos to u..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Madhulika: Its not the one month gap between two marriages, its the gap between the birth of both the kids...

    ReplyDelete
  7. LoL ...though it was your assumption but it cn actually happen, medical miracle !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I don't think this medical miracle can happen.

      Delete
  8. ... and to show you how much I love your blog.. here's something for you at http://purplechronicle.blogspot.com/2012/04/awesome-ness-has-arrived.html

    cheers,
    Kajal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the award. I am too shy to take part in taking this forward. I don't mean to be disrespectful. Thank you very much. But...

      Delete
  9. Really funny and insightful at the same time.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, Nona, since I'm aware of the "twist" that your posts generally bring about, I'm proud to say that I didn't jump to conclusions :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment