Friend, Girlfriend and small talk

A girl irrespective of the role she plays in life is prone to jealousy. Men become aware of this fact by experience. Last Monday turned out to the evening where my young friend became experienced. On Monday evening, I ended up with my young friend and his girlfriend at The Cricketer in the vicinity of Saint-Lazare station. By the way, Monday evenings is the Quiz night in this pub. New to the British custom in Paris, we participated in the proceedings as a team and came first; first from the last.

It may have been the sympathy created from the results, women stopped by our tables for chit chat. My young friend being extremely cordial and polite responded without malice. When I say "without malice", I mean he was not flirting. They were asking questions and he was answering. But the politeness did not go well with his girlfriend. My young friend, being young and inexperienced, was not bright to interpret the unspoken messages on his girlfriend's face. Come on! Don't blame me. I tried to distract her. But you know how futile it is to distract a focussed woman! 

Here is my question. What is the right thing? When a girl makes small talk, should a man completely ignore her?



Comments

  1. No. He should proudly introduce his girlfriend and include her in the conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share this thought with him. Somehow, I feel most of the people who commented on this one are going to give the same advice. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a sweeping statement you have made about women :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one was that? I make so many sweeping statement that I really can't recollect all of them. :p

      Delete
  3. Depends on who came over to talk to your "Young Friend", Aishwariya Rai? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A famished deglamourised Aishwarya Rai. he he he

      Delete
  4. i agree with Melanie-he should include her in the conversation and drop hints about how happy he is with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah.. Drop hints.. Okay, that makes sense. :)

      Delete
  5. He should not ignore; but he should include his GF too ,in the exchange....perhaps she felt bad because she thought she was being left out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a point. I am going to share it with him.

      Delete
  6. Introduce your girlfriend and then don't make ANY small talk :D
    The more you talk ,the more J she will get and the more trouble you will get into . *experience*
    Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) That is the toughest part. If you do not respond, then you end up being rude. So how to strike the right balance. Introducing the girlfriend is okay. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment